This Is Me

 


This Is Me!

It's amazing there are so many holes in this universe to burst through. To come out about yourself, your experience and all the beautiful things that makes us who we are. There is so much obvious social repression, but many more holes to escape them.

I get a lot of hate from people who may be disappointed in my cultural choices, my appearance and the way I speak. I practice multiple forms of spirituality, and people are really confused as to who I am or who they may think I am.

Spirituality to some is a façade, dressing the typical way, speaking the typical way, almost as if you've lost yourself. Some people really believe that in order to associate with something, you have to go in and mimic. For me it's about what I can give to the culture rather than what it gives me. Not all witches wear black all the time, not all black females are bitter, and not all single moms are hopeless. There are too many social norms we accept which makes us almost incapable of thinking bigger, deeper, and more openly.

I have tried to explain my spiritual ways time and time again, and the mainstream really is struggling to understand. That we can integrate beliefs, create our own ways, traditions, and rules. Learning about other cultures is where the real magic is. Understanding that there is more than one way to get the same answer.

Become one with yourself in order to become one with the universe. Because they are both one and the same.


Comments

Popular Posts